What do you wish to get out of this class?

 When I signed up for the class I thought it was going to be related to the name of the class, Entrepreneurship in computing and Software Systems. I was expecting the class to focus on discussion of new technologies and how they could be implemented from an entrepreneurial perspective. Now that I know that the class is more focused on developing any ideas we have I want to better understand what to do in the first stages of execution. We are going over how a business plan is needed to provide a road map for the company and get the details written on paper which has taught me things about my business that I hadn't accounted for. If I could get anything out of this class it would be learning how to identify and recruit the people that I need to start a business that is out of my own capabilities. For example when I had the idea to start a VR company it was a great product that I had imagined but it would be impossible for me to build it by myself. I would need to recruit really sophisticated software engineers and a bunch of people whose jobs I haven't even heard of before. It would have been helpful to learn where to find these people and how to convince them to join the team. I also wished that this class was more focused on AI. AI has been evolving so rapidly at such large margins that it has to be something we need to pay attention to if we want to be ahead of the game. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strengths and weakness

Erik Hanberg