Startup.com

 Watching startup.com was eye opening to what the inside operations of a startup are like. The documentary really focused on the social aspect of the the "ceos". I thought the whole idea of having two ceos would be a disaster from the start as it ended up being but that is a hard decision to make when the two people who are starting the business have been lifelong friends and came up with the idea together. I found it interesting how they allowed the founder of their competing company to show up. I assumed they wanted to learn from him but im sure that he also wanted to learn more from them or get a insider perspective of what they were doing. I also found it interesting how they waited until the last minute to check out the website and found that the search didn't work at all. I feel like there should have been way more attention focused on the user end of the application as that is another factor that can determine if the customer will use your program or not. I found it helpful to see the different steps they were taking such as building a board and seeking venture capital. What I didn't expect was all of the conflict of interests within the company such as the founders trying to do whats best for themselves as individuals and as friends and trying to out the company first. Something I didn't expect was how many different venture capitalists they approached and I am still curious as to why they wanted to give up equity rather than take on a loan from a bank. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you wish to get out of this class?

Strengths and weakness

Mission Statement