Brians Bustling Business

 Brians business was interesting to me because he adapted to the release of new technologies and found a pain point that this new technology brought about. As people were driven to the internet, if commercial business wanted to keep up they would have to bring their stores to the internet as well. What Brian did was build their locations on the web so they could be seen in the new domain. He made that point that "if we were gone people would need to miss us". I think thats a good way of identifying if your business will get traction in the first place because if they will miss you than that means at some point they needed you. Without need there is no base model for a company. I also found it interesting when he said he hired based on what they will need in the future. When I look at my business plan, the team consists of people needed for development of an MVP or proof of concept but it does not go into the people that we will need later on. After thinking about this I realized that if you only hire for what you need done in the present then your pace of expansion will be limited to the present. It was also insightful of him to to share how it is vital to identify bottle necks where your efficiency or production is being limited by a certain factor. Once you have identified that factor it is up to you and your team to create a solution that expands and destroys that bottle neck. I am looking at my notes now and I wish I had asked him at what point he got the 250k loan. Was it after he had received revenue, or was it at the very beginning when he just had a plan and possibly pre-sales. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you wish to get out of this class?

Strengths and weakness

Erik Hanberg